Exercise Tips for Busy Mom at Home
Posted on 16 August 2017
In today’s fast moving world, it becomes quite difficult to manage everything in life including; health, work and entertainment, for mothers, it becomes even more hectic to dedicate time to exercise and workouts as they have to manage the household, children and work. Here are a few interesting tips for all the busy moms out there that would like to maintain their health along with their busy schedules. If you’re a busy mother who finds it difficult to dedicate time for exercise, these tips will definitely be useful.
When you are in or around the house
- If you go to pick up newspaper in the mornings, go around the street and have a short walk for about 5 minutes from one corner to the other.
- Do some standing push-ups when cooking or when your food is getting boiled. You can stand away from your kitchen counter and push your arms and hands against the counter.
- If you’re taking care of a sick child or older grandparents, you can exercise on a treadmill while they are asleep.
- You can also try jumping jacks for 5-10 minutes, this helps with burning a lot of calories.
When you are waiting
- If your child is playing any outdoor sports, you can have a walk around the field.
- When your child is learning his/her music lessons or any other indoor activities, you can walk around the blocks of the building.
- If you are waiting for your doctor’s appointment, you can walk around the clinic or the hospital.
- A trip to park with your child can be turned into a mini workout place. You can run to catch the fly balls or throw a ball from one direction to the other.
When you are at work
- When you take a break, try climbing the stairs for 5 to 10 minutes.
- If you plan to dine out for your lunch, walk to the restaurant on the route that is a bit far from your workplace.
- If there is a meeting to be held in the other building, you can leave 5-10 minutes early, or spend time later and walk around.
When you are watching TV
- You can change the TV channels by keeping away the remote and getting up and manually changing them just like in the past when remotes did not exist.
- During the advertisements, you can stand up and jog for 5-7 minutes.
- Put up music channels and dance like you did in your childhood.
- You can also lift smaller weights or perform leg exercises while you are watching your favorite TV shows.
When you are travelling
- When travelling or going on vacations, don’t forget to pack your sneakers and your fitness DVD. Make sure the room you stay in has a DVD player or ask the hotel to rent you one.
- While travelling by a car, make sure that you take short breaks after every few hours. Do some stretches or take small walks around to free up your body.
- If you have to book a hotel room, book it between 5th to 8th floors. Avoid using elevators and climb the stairs to your room.
- If you are inside the lifts, do a few calf stretches and you are good to go.
- If you have a layover at the airport, do not use the moving carpets that help the passengers to travel from one place to another.
These were a few tips and tricks that you can look forward to if you are a busy mother and find it difficult to dedicate time for exercising. You will definitely notice a change in your health and lifestyle if you follow these regularly.